No Products in the Cart
Pendant Light A201 was designed by Alvar Aalto in 1952 for the library of Säynätsalo Town Hall in central Finland. Composed of formed sheet steel, Pendant Light A201 possesses a sculptural presence; its beauty can be appreciated whether switched on or off. The light exiting the lower and upper part of the shade creates a beautiful halo, typical to Aalto who sought to make artificial light as indirect and soft as possible. The A201 is available in standard white with brass details and in a limited edition dark red version, inspired by the triple variation of the light (A203) hanging above the dining table in the Aaltos’ private Helsinki home.