No Products in the Cart
The hand-turned shade of this elegant floor light is made of delicate, lacquered metal strips that prevent glare by diffusing light evenly. The strips form concentric circles of increasing size that combine to form an inverted bowl shape. The slender angled neck has a polished brass collar that contrasts appealingly with the stand’s black leather finish, which is hand-sewn in Finland. The light was designed by Alvar Aalto in 1955 for the National Pensions Institute in Helsinki.