The Lounge Chair by Charles and Ray Eames is one of the great furniture designs of the twentieth century. Offering ultimate comfort, this elegant chair has been produced by Vitra since the 1950s using virtually the same production techniques and high/quality materials. The Lounge Chair comes in two sizes and various combinations of leather upholstery covers, wooden shells and bases.
- Seat and back: moulded plywood, different face veneers. Classic version in American cherry (USA), santos palisander (Brazil; certified sustainability) or black-pigmented walnut (USA). White version: white-pigmented walnut (USA). Black version: ash with a black lacquer finish (Germany).
- Upholstery/Cover: removable cushion units, covers in leather.
- Seat height: 380 mm (250 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1).
- Base: non-swivel four-star base in die-cast aluminium. Black sides with polished aluminium edges, all-aluminium with polished finish or all-chrome version.
- Glides: all bases fitted with hard glides for carpet, felt glides optionally available for hard floors.